Monday, April 29, 2013

Empty Hospital Beds...

I have been thinking about the new changes under the Affordable Care Act and how it would work effectively not only for health care professionals, clinics, and hospitals but also for the patients. I came across this article at the NY Times Health Provider Strives to Keep Hospital Beds Empty , about a system in Chicago that is attempting efforts to improve health care outcomes without increased health care costs. I am particularly interested in the ways that they are looking to coordinate care for the patients who have statistically shown to have higher health-related costs associated with care. I truly do not believe that there is going to be a perfect system in moving forward, but I am hopeful that organizations are looking into creative ways in keeping patient care as priority, while managing health care costs . What do you think about the efforts of this organization?





No comments:

Post a Comment